Making Dentistry Affordable for Millions Through Education and Information
Stay ahead of insurance reimbursement trends with Limoli & Associates.
Do Any of These Scenarios Hit Home?
In Our Practice…
- We take way too many plans.
- We take no plans.
- Patients don’t stay with us if their plan changes.
- We have available chair time.
Our Existing Patients…
- Accept only the treatment that is covered by their plan.
- Expect us to know exactly what their plan is going to pay.
- Hold us accountable when something goes not as planned.
- Come in only once or maybe twice then disappear.
Our New Patients…
- Want to know if we are part of their insurance.
- Expect to have their teeth cleaned on the first visit.
- Only want x-rays if the insurance pays for them.
- Are emotionally driven by their insurance benefits.
Our Administrative Support Team…
- Spends hours on the phone chasing down benefit information.
- Feels the need to tell patients everything about their plan.
- Wants stock narratives to satisfy requests for additional information.
- Keeps the doctor owners away from the daily EOBs.
- Has and wants nothing to do with the clinical team.
Our Clinical Support Team…
- Thinks auto-notes are the solution to everything.
- Wants the doctor to stop talking and simply run on time.
- Tells the patient that insurance is not part of what they do.
- Has and wants nothing to do with the administrative team.
- Want to do more dentistry.
- Want to get paid for what they do.
- Want to get paid now.
- Want the insurance to not be such a big deal.
And As The Owners…
- Have to keep everybody happy.
- Hear that the administrative team wants another employee.
- Knows that the clinical team wants another employee.
- Fears that the hygienists want more time with new patients.
- Realizes the actual cost of doing business.
- Frustrated that dentistry is not the team’s top priority.
Here's Your Solution...
Click here to view the simple four-part action plan that I have helped implement in thousands of offices.
Stay Up To Date with “Dental Insurance Today”
Get Tom’s monthly newsletter, Dental Insurance Today, special offers, and information on upcoming workshops in your area.
Tom Limoli is the prevailing expert on proper coding and administration of dental insurance benefit claims, with over 30 years of experience. Limoli & Associates has, over the past quarter century, assisted dental offices in streamlining the insurance reimbursement process and ahead of reimbursement trends.
Tom’s no-nonsense approach to the management of third-party reimbursement has been implemented in thousands of dental practices across the United States and Puerto Rico.
Let Tom help you in simplifying and streamlining the challenges associated with all the various forms and formats of dental reimbursement.
Limoli’s Original Dental Insurance Today – Blog
It is a sad state of affairs when I see procedure coding taken completely out of context for the betterment of one’s own political agenda or simple lack of knowledge. So is the case with the age-old discussion of “When does perio maintenance become a prophylaxis?” Believe me when I say it has nothing to do with simply the calendar or GPS. What’s the solution?read more
Coming soon to a dental office near you are newly revised procedure codes and definitions for 2018. Will they make more problems or solutions? The management, reimbursement and subsequent coding of non-surgical periodontal care has, for years, been a nightmare for all segments of the dental profession. So what is the real problem and where is the hidden solution? You got it… Where is the dentist?read more
Monitoring your practice profitability is becoming more and more important as patients’ dollars are squeezed and patients must be savvy by maximizing their plan benefits in the present economy. If you’ve ever participated with an insurance plan or are simply considering the option, it has crossed your mind before… Are you really making money by participating with XYZ plan, or are you losing your shirt? …read more
No greater dichotomy exists in all the professions of healthcare than that of the love/hate relationship between doctors and the fiduciary responsibilities of today’s Insurance Benefit industry. One provides the loving compassion, while the other coldly enforces contractual financial provisions. How much time and effort do you spend fighting with the patient’s insurance? …read more
The old saying of “garbage in equals garbage out” is very true when it comes to your dental practice management software. If you are constantly adjusting dollar amounts to satisfy the accounting of participatory benefit plans, your software is not working for you — you are working for it. This is not good…read more
The reality of today’s uncertain healthcare marketplace is fueling consumers to rethink the significance of the once sovereign doctor / patient relationship. Let’s break down the transaction into its various evolutionary phases so as to better grasp the root of this growing issue.
Let’s begin to solve the ethical issue of medical/dental cross coding by simply introducing the challenge as it most often presents itself to the administrative team.read more